Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and my Sephora Instant Moisturizer may be running because this is the best moisturizer I have used, hands down. No, there is no SPF, but this sure does pack a punch to knock out any dry skin you have.
Packaging: This is a 10 oz container so it is larger and will be a problem if you are travelling and have limited space. The packaging is really easy to get a hold of and the cap screws on and off with ease rather than missing a ridge and making it difficult to close it correctly.
Durability: This moisturizer lasts all day, ALL DAY. I love putting it on and knowing that my T-zone, where it is most dry won’t get dry throughout the day. The moisturizer blends in well and doesn’t make the skin look white. You will look a little “glowy” for a couple of minutes but it will set in. I wear this even in the sun which can be a downfall since there is no spf.
Budget: This moisturizer only runs around $5.50-$6.50! Absolutely affordable and you get a ton for the money you spend. I started using this about two months ago and I haven’t made a dent!
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and I got my driver’s license! Yay! The process of what that did to my mind and body was another thing. I tend to get an immense sense of anxiety when it comes to something big like a presentation or anything that tends to be stressful. So, to de-stress I wanted to share my “process”.
1. Take a shower/bath. Use all of your favorite products that you splurge on. I have been using my Ulta Freshwater Mist Sugar Scrub which is great for everyday but it is $12 so I try not to use it too much to save my money. For my hair I like to add the Organix Moroccan Argain Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment which is great to add extra moisture to the ends of your hair and add shine.
2. Apply lotion. I don’t know about you but I love it when my body feels relaxed and not stressed and the “art” of applying lotion all over my body not only makes my skin smell good, it keeps your body moisturized. I like to apply lotion when my body is still wet from the shower and use that moisture to help save my lotion.
3. Apply a face mask. I didn’t apply one but I do know that when I do it is absolutely relaxing and I don’t have to worry about being asked to do something. I wear glasses so when I have them off, no one in my family usually asks me to do something since I am blind as a bat.
4. Listen to music. I did this all the way to the DMV and it helped and didn’t. You can’t really help when you are stressed about something and your mind won’t stop but you can distract it from overreacting.
Hope this helps!
[Photo credit: Amarixe]
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and this bronzer is one of the best for those with light to medium skin tone. I apologize that this is probably not going to show up on darker skin tones, but if you do have a dark skin tone and this works, leave a comment down below!!
Packaging: I love that this is sleek and simple and goes in almost any bag. I love that the mirror is a pretty good size so you can use it for touch ups elsewhere. This also snaps closed so you don’t have to worry about it falling open!
Durability: Long lasting! I can honestly say that this bronzer, once applied, really adds shadow to the face without it really looking like you have bronzer on unless you put on a bunch. This is also a build-able!
Pigmentation: Like I mentioned, this is build-able so it can come off strong if you are heavy handed, just keep it light and build it up! What I love most about this? Matte! I feel like it has been hard to find a true matte bronzer, thankfully matte bronzers have come on the up and up.
Budget: This item runs about $3 which is really great for those of us on a budget! I definitely recommend! Also, if this shade isn’t right for you, you can definitely try the other two shades, if needed.
[Photo Credit: ShamIAmGlam]
Packaging: I love that this is small and compact. The only thing I would like is something to apply it with like the Cailyn eyeliners but I can understand how that can be bulky. The plastic is definitely sturdy enough to hold against a fall now and again.
Durability: All day every day! I love that this eyeliner can hold against the oiliest of eyes. I can apply a thicker line where my lid tends to crease and not have to worry. I would suggest, when applying, to leave your eye closed for about ten to fifteen seconds to allow the liner to settle in.
Pigmentation: Bright as can be, you can feel assured that this is not dull and will stand out!
Budget: I purchased mine for about $5 because it was on sale. Unfortunately, I cannot find it on their website so I believe that they have discontinued it. I would recommend the Maybelline studio gel liner as a dupe or the Cailyn gel eyeliners.
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and I thought I would post this before next weeks post which deals with lotion. Here are the tips and tricks for applying lotion that I have quoted/learned:
1. Place lotion on the back of your hand. Whether you have a pump of tub, always take the lotion on the back of the hand and rub them together first, then use any residual lotion for the palms of your hands. This method helps you keep your hands away from greasy hands or if you just want to be quick with applying lotion.
2. When purchasing in a store, test before purchase. This is a pretty common thing that everyone knows. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin to scents and fragrances, definitely out on more lotion than you normally would from the testers and leave the lotion on for a long time. If you sense any irritation or need to itch it could be likely that you may be allergic to something in there.
3. apply with wet hands. Of course I don’t mean dripping wet but when you come out of the shower your hands still have moisture and, to me, that is the best time to apply since your skin is more “loose” since the pores are open.
4. Always carry lotion with you I struggle with this big time. I suck at always having lotion on me but I am going to try and start getting better at it by using a travel bottle or old lotion container or moisturizer container to keep in my bag. Now, this does take up room but if you are someone who is always going from one work place to another or traveling, a large bag comes in handy all the time.
I hope that this helps! Leave a comment down below of your lotion tips and tricks or if you have any questions!
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and can I tell you that this is definitely worth the money! I have yet to find a primer that does the job like this one.
Packaging: Sleek, modern, and sophisticated.
Durability: Definitely longer than most primers I have tried. The surprising thing is that I could barely tell that makeup was on my face with this and everything else on. This primer literally makes all the difference when it comes to how well your makeup will sit. I have some acne scarring that can be covered up by a lot of foundation but with this I can concentrate most of the primer there and it really evens out the scarring.
Pigmentation: This comes out as a nude-beige so I am not sure how well this blends in to darker skin tones but this definitely blends in well and it feels like a really smooth and light lotion. I used a dime size which may be larger than what most people use but I have relatively large pores so I want them to disappear, in a sense.
Budget: $31.00 which I definitely did not pay for since I don’t remember it being that expensive. Worry not, I will find an alternative one day!
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here, and there is something about sugar scrubs that I have always wanted to try. I know that The Body Shop makes some but none of their scents call out to me, not to mention that they cost much more. I shop at Ulta frequently so when I saw that they had their own line, I jumped.
Packaging: I like that this is more compact than most but if you are in tight quarters this can be a bit on the large side.
Durability: I love that this scrubs my dry, dead skin away from my body. I don’t think that it lasts, smell wise, too long out of the shower but I don’t lather my body in this since I want to get the most time out of this product and use it sparingly.
Pigmentation: Blue like the sky reflecting on the ocean! I love the pigmentation of this and when you apply it the blue is nonexistent. The exfoliating beads are rough but if you apply sparingly you won’t rub your hands the wrong way if you have hands that break out in dry patches.
Budget: A solid $12 and if you become an Ulta Rewards member you can get coupons in the mail and get $3.50 off a $10 purchase! Sometimes coupons will come in that are $5 off of $10!
For part 1, click here!
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and Forever 21 clearance can be like a jungle because there are clothes everywhere in that area, at least where I am. I find that there are those items that are just okay or something that you could get but really don’t need. Yes, it is clearance but do you really need another shirt that has a studded shoulders? Do you really need that skirt that you have in six other colors? Now, I am not saying that you shouldn’t but in Forever 21, especially, you need to check quality. Anything that is lightweight and flowy is more likely to break down in the wash and with wear than something like a heavy knit sweater or cotton dress that is well made.
I would definitely suggest buying something that has more weight to it when it comes to Forever 21 because I have found that it lasts much longer and doesn’t gray or breakdown as easily.
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and recently I attended a wedding and a two day process overtook my life because I wanted to look the best that I could for the event. So, why not review all of the products I used? Some I have tested longer while others are still new to me so in the coming weeks you may see a jump here and there. Please note that some of the items are more high end than others but I have purchased them if they were on sale or when I wanted to treat myself. I still love shopping on a budget but I do know when some items are clearly much better than others after trial and error. Also, some of these items have already been reviewed so you can go ahead and get some reading done! Now, let’s get ready for a wedding!
Ulta Freshwater Mist Body Scrub
It’s a 10
Bosley Professional Strength Voluminizing & Thickening Nourishing Leave-In
St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub Mask
Soap and Glory Body Butter
St. Ives Timeless Collagen Elastin Moisturizer
Benefit Porefessional Makeup Primer
Smashbox BB Cream
e.l.f. Eyeshadow Primer
Too Faced Summer Eyes Palette
Sephora Cream Eyeliner in Electric Teal
Maybelline Lots of Lashes Mascara
e.l.f. Studio Kohl Eyeliner
Benefit Blush in Coralista
N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
Benefit Watt’s Up
Covergirl Powder Foundation in Natural Beige 140
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray
Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and this is the one life changer that you will soon not be able to live without. For those of you who don’t know, this product helps you from getting a rash formed in between your thighs because they rub together so much when they are exposed to each other, this happens a lot during the summer and become irritating.
Packaging: Absolutely love it! I can honestly say that because of the consistency of the gel that you will not have a problem getting this product out. This is also pretty sturdy as a packing whole.
Durability: If you are in the heat and walking around you should be fine with one application for the day but if you are in the scorching heat you may need to carry this around and apply another coat when you can feel your thighs chafing.
Pigmentation: The pigmentation of this is cloudy and the feel of this product is an odd feeling, almost like a primer and some people have even been comparing this to the Smashbox Photo Ready Primer.
Budget: I know I mentioned the Smashbox Photo Ready Primer but this is definitely more affordable at around $7. You can also find coupons every now and then for this product.